Dental Insurance FAQs Answered by Issaquah, WA’s Leading Dental Team
Dental insurance is an important investment to make in order to fit proper dental into your budget. If you have questions about dental insurance, our dental team at Issaquah Dental Health is here to help. Below, we’ve compiled a list of Dental Insurance FAQs with answers from our dental professionals. If you have further questions or would like to schedule an appointment with our dental team, we invite you call us at (425) 392-1010 today!
What is Dental Insurance?
Dental insurance is a type of insurance designed to pay a portion of the costs associated with dental care. By paying a monthly or yearly fee, an individual, group, or family, can get the costs of many of their dental procedures covered through one of three plan types: DHMO dental plans, PPO dental insurance plans, or indemnity dental insurance plans. These types of dental insurance are discussed in further detail below.
What are the Types of Dental Insurance?
- DHMO Dental Plans: A dental health maintenance organization (or DHMO) dental plan is a type of insurance commonly referred to as “managed care.” Through a DHMO, a network of qualified dentists provides comprehensive and affordable care for individuals or families. Those with a DHMO plan must choose a dentist from the network and pay a low monthly premium to receive their services at either no cost or a reduced price (many DHMO plans require copayments). Dentists participating in DHMOs received fixed monthly fees.
- PPO Dental Insurance Plans: Consumers with preferred provider organization (or PPO) insurance plans must select a dentist from a network of preferred dental providers (determined by the consumers’ insurance company) who have agreed to provide dental care to members at reduced rates.
- Indemnity Dental Insurance Plans: Dental indemnity plans, also commonly known as “traditional” dental insurance plans, allow consumers to choose from a larger pool of dentists than PPOs or DHMOs. Unlike those with managed care plans, those with indemnity dental insurance plans can visit any dentist. Indemnity dental insurance plans typically work by having subscribers pay their dentist’s bill in full and then submit a claim for reimbursement to the carrier.
What are Discount Dental Plans?
Discount dental plans, also referred to as DDPs or “discount dental cards,” are not insurance. However, they do help consumers save on dental care expenses. Members of discount dental plans make monthly or annual payments and may receive partial or unlimited dental care services at discount prices based on their fee schedule. Discount services are only provided by dentists who participate in the plan’s dental network.
Why Should I Invest in Dental Insurance?
There are several reasons why investing in dental insurance is a smart decision for yourself or your family. Firstly, dental insurance helps you regularly maintain a healthy mouth at a price you can afford. In the event of a dental emergency, dental insurance will help you and loved ones get high-quality care at highly-affordable rates. Should you need frequent dental care, dental insurance will also keep your costs low for each visit.
What Types of Dental Insurance Plans are Accepted at Your Office?
At Issaquah Dental Health, we proudly accept almost all types of dental insurance plans from a wide range of carriers. Visit our Accepted Dental Insurance for a full list of the dental insurances we accept.
Learn more about dental insurance and our accpeted dental insurance plans by calling us at (425) 392-1010 today!
Exceptional Dental Care
- Family Owned Practice
- Hablamos Espanol
- Painless Sedation Dentistry
- State-of-the-Art Technology
- Free Teeth Whitening for New Patients
- In-Network with Most Major Dental Insurance
- Passionate About Quality Dental Care
- Highly Educated Dental Team
- Payment Plans & Financing Available