New Patient Dental Exam in Issaquah
FREE TEETH WHITENING WITH NEW PATIENT EXAM!
We’re excited you’ve chosen Issaquah Dental Health. Dr. Herzog, our dental hygienists and office administrators are dedicated to making sure you enjoy a comfortable experience at each and every dental appointment you make. We conduct very thorough dental examinations in order to evaluate the condition of your teeth and gums and provide you with effective treatment options.
What Information We Need to Know
- Fear or discomfort
If you have painful experiences at the dentist or are fearful that you will, please let us know this information as soon as possible. Fortunately, new and improved techniques and materials available today make the dental experience far more pleasant and comfortable. Chances are that talking about your concerns will help you relax.
- Dental issues
Do you suffer from any pain or sensitivity in your mouth, teeth or gums? If so, we need to know at the beginning of your appointment.
- Gag reflex
If you have a very sensitive gag reflex, you probably have had difficulty with dental treatments. If the dentist or hygienist is aware of this, they will be able to avoid certain sensitive areas.
What is Included in Your Dental Exam and Teeth Cleaning Appointment
- Evaluate your overall health and oral hygiene
- Evaluate your risk of tooth decay, root decay, and gum or bone disease
- Evaluate your need for tooth restoration or tooth replacement
- Check your bite and jaw for problems
- Remove any stains or deposits on your teeth
- Demonstrate proper cleaning techniques for your teeth or dentures
- Assess your need for fluoride or other preventative products
- Take dental X-rays or, if necessary, do other diagnostic procedures
DID YOU KNOW MOST DENTAL INSURANCE PLANS COVER ALL OR MOST DENTAL EXAMS & TEETH CLEANINGS TWICE A YEAR!
During a dental exam, we will also ask about any health problems you have or medications you’re taking and discuss how they might affect your oral health. If you have diabetes, for example, you’re at increased risk of gum disease. Any medication that contributes to dry mouth can increase your risk of tooth decay. If arthritis interferes with your ability to effectively brush your teeth we might recommend an electric toothbrush or water-pick.
X-rays aren’t typically needed at every dental visit. Radiation exposure from dental X-rays is low — but talk to us if you’re concerned about radiation exposure.
During your dental exam we will look for signs of oral cancer with a extra/intra oral exam. We will feel the area under your jaw, the sides of your neck, and the insides of your lips and cheeks, as well as examine the sides of your tongue and the roof and floor of your mouth.
Call our Issaquah dental practice to schedule your new patient dental exam and teeth cleaning. Free teeth whitening available for new patients!
Exceptional Dental Care
- Family Owned Practice
- Hablamos Espanol
- Painless Sedation Dentistry
- State-of-the-Art Technology
- Free Teeth Whitening for New Patients
- In-Network with Most Major Dental Insurance
- Highly Educated Dental Team
- Payment Plans & Financing Available